垃圾車守則

2010070713:32



垃圾車守則


 


Law of the Garbage Truck 垃圾車守則

 

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. 

有一天,我跳上一輛計程車,目的地是機場。

We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us.

我們行駛在正常車道,突然一輛黑色汽車從一個停車處擠到我們車子的正前方來。
My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! 

我的那位運將先生猛踩離合器、刷的一聲剎住車,正好與另一輛車僅差幾吋的擦身而過。

The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us.

那輛車子的駕駛搖頭愰腦地開始向我們叫囂、咒罵。
My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really friendly. 
我這輛車的運將大哥帶著微笑向那個咒罵不休的 司機 先生揮揮手,我看得出來,他是真的在表達友善

So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!' 
我不解地問道,“你幹嘛對他那麼客氣?那傢伙差一點把你的車毀了,而且搞不好還會送我們上醫院!”
This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'
下面就是那位運將大哥教導我的所謂“垃圾車守則”。
He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. 
他說,很多人都像垃圾車,他們心裡塞滿了垃圾、挫敗、氣憤和失望。
As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally.
當這些垃圾累積到某種程度,就需要一個傾倒的地方,有的時候就會倒在你身上,但你可不要照單全收喔。
Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.
你只要向他們笑一笑、揮揮手、祝福他們,然後繼續做該做的事;不管你是在工作、在家裡,還是在大馬路上,絕對不要攬下那些垃圾然後再倒在別人身上。
The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day. 

說到底,一個成功的人是不會讓垃圾車兜著他們走一整天的。
Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets,

生命如此短暫,由不得你每天一睜開眼睛就苦著一張臉,心情沉重。
so ... Love the people who treat you right. 
所以嘛…去愛那些對你不錯的人。
Pray for the ones who don't. 
還有,為
那些對你不客氣的人禱告吧!
Life is ten percent what you make it  生命是10%在於你做了些什麼,

and ninety percent how you take it!  另外90% 在於你面對的心態如何。 

 Have a blessed, garbage-free day!

祝福大家都有一個甩掉垃圾的日子。